In Legal Terms


In Legal Terms: Easements and Roads

The land that you take to get to your home. Is that yours? What if you share that path? Does that make it a road? How can you get access to your land and who else could use that method? We’re talking about roads and easements today with our friend, attorney Francis Springer 601-605-5004

MDOT has free resources to help you deal with traffic. Access what you need to know about road conditions, construction zones, weather and more – even locate welcome centers and rest areas. Their website is and there will be a Mississippi Department of Transportation official on Auto Correct Thursday May 6th 2021 at 10am on MPB Think Radio. 

Mississippi Roads – the MPB TV program can be seen over the air or on Thursdays at 7pm and Sundays at 10:30 am or 5:30 pm. It’s available on MPB TV’s YouTube Channel and on the MS Roads facebook page. The audio of the show has been turned into the podcast: Mile Marker.

If you like to research laws on your own – consider visiting Justia US Law’s website concerning Title 65 – Highways, Bridges and Ferries Chapter 7 Public Roads and Streets; Private Way. 


  • easement
  • easement
  • how to find out who owns land
  • road to his home
  • heir's property easement
  • how to buy land
  • diveway became county road
  • easement not used
  • easement

More Episodes


In Legal Terms: Child Custody

If there’s a child in your life, you’ll want to hear today’s show. It’s about custody and visitation during divorce. If you want to know what the law is, just ask our guest law Professor Deborah Bell.You can send us an email to our address legalterms@mpbonline.org you’re looking for free legal resources for your legal situation, the Mississippi Bar Association’s website suggests:American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi 601-354-3408 Charities Legal Assistance Clinic601-355-8634 Legal Defense601-650-7487 Coast Women’s Center for Nonviolence and Northcutt Legal Clinic228-864-7144Crisis Line: 1-800-800-1396Pine Belt Office: 601-705-0139 First Legal Aid Office601-608-0056 Center for Legal Services 1-800-498-1804 College School of Law Clinical Programs 601-925-7180 Volunteer Lawyers Project 601-960-9577 Mississippi Rural Legal Services1-800-498-1804 of Mississippi School of Law Clinical Programs 662-915-7429 ad litemlicense to have kids?no fault divorce